At least 20 people have been killed and more than 40 others are injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up outside the Afghan Supreme Court building in Kabul, officials say. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
The attack happened at about 3:30 p.m. local time on Tuesday when a suicide bomber blew himself up in the court’s parking lot, where dozens of people – most of them employees – were waiting to board a bus to go home after work.
Wahidullah Mayar, a spokesman for the Afghan Ministry of Public Health, said that at least 20 people had been killed, including 3 women and 1 child. Another 41 people were injured in the attack, some of whom were said to be in a critical condition.
Photos and videos from the scene showed damaged vehicles and blood stains on the road.
It was not immediately known who was responsible for Tuesday’s deadly attack. Taliban insurgents have in the past carried out attacks against Afghanistan’s judiciary and its employees, but the group did not issue a claim of responsibility for the attack on the Supreme Court.
President Ashraf Ghani described the attack as a “barbaric act” by “the enemies” of Afghanistan.
(Copyright 2015 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: email@example.com.)